3.18.2008

two topics of interest.

I love my little Lucy. She is sick though, an infection from her surgery. We went to the vet yesterday and she had a slight fever and her incision is a little swollen. She is still as sweet as ever, even though she threw up on our bed.


In other news, I am feeling really good today... even though I am tired. I was listening to some talks about Christ in the car today. Elder Holland said something I loved. He said...

"No one’s eyes were more penetrating than His, and much of what He saw pierced His heart. Surely His ears heard every cry of distress, every sound of want and despair. To a degree far more than we will ever understand, He was “a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief.” Indeed, to the layman in the streets of Judea, Christ’s career must have seemed a failure, a tragedy, a good man totally overwhelmed by the evils surrounding Him and the misdeeds of others. He was misunderstood or misrepresented, even hated from the beginning. No matter what He said or did, His statements were twisted, His actions suspected, His motives impugned. In the entire history of the world no one has ever loved so purely or served so selflessly—and been treated so diabolically for His effort. Yet nothing could break His faith in His Father’s plan or His Father’s promises. Even in those darkest hours at Gethsemane and Calvary, He pressed on, continuing to trust in the very God whom He momentarily feared had forsaken Him."

I really needed to hear this. Lately I have felt like my efforts have gone unnoticed and ignored... only to be reciprocated with hate and judgment. I need to be like Christ and love anyway, continue to love purely and serve selflessly. He withstood much more than I can imagine and much more than I ever will encounter. And here I am complaining and feeling hurt over such insignificant things. I really am so blessed and am so grateful for my Savior and everything he has done for me. Without Him, I would be nowhere.

As we learn in primary:
I'm trying to be like Jesus
I'm following in His ways
I'm trying to love as He did
In all that I do and say.

At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice
But I try to listen
As the still small voice whispers,

Love one another as Jesus loves you
Try to show kindness in all that you do
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought
For these are the things Jesus taught.

4 comments:

Sonya said...

The Grace and Love of Christ is free and for eveyone, we are all sinners. Christ at the very moment of being nailed to the cross, still loved. Even offered a prayer of forgiveness, because he understood so much more of the picture than anyone. and we can do all things through Christ which strengthens us. Like you said he's already walked this road.

I know for me though, it gets hard to love and when it gets hard to love, something that helps me is remembering we are all in the same boat trying to figure things out, and having hope and faith that someday others will understand it's not a race against each other, but an opportunity to strengthen one another in a time that is most crucial to stand together. Understand as Christ understood the imperfections of people. Just don't let them bring you down when they judge you saying you're unworthy or you've made a mistake, because it's bringing nothing new to the table. We are all unworthy and make mistakes, which is why what Christ did for us is called a gift, Grace, and mercy. We've done nothing to deserve it. Which proves the greatest love story is very real. Someone loved you so much that he laid down his life for you. He knows your intentions, and through being a spiritual soldier having endurance, others wont deny the light of Christ that shines from you. I'll be praying for you!

Sonya said...

Oh yeah, and your dog is way CUTE.

Courtney B said...

Thank you Sonya. You are completely right. I love the part about strengthening each other... that it's not a race. Dan and I talk about that a lot, how we are so grateful that we work together when we feel like so many others around us are just in competition with one another. We need to be one in Christ.

Mandee said...

What a beautiful tribute to our Savior, girls! And just in time for Easter... Your testimonies and strength show in everything you do, and I feel so blessed to have you as friends :)