8.20.2008

where are you sun?

Well, supposedly the weather is clearing up very soon, just in time to be nice and hot for a wedding on saturday. However, the fall is closing in on us and in the blink of an eye it will be Christmas and we'll have about 10 new babies among us (20 some for Kim). The evenings of grilling and fans blowing are slipping away. The late afternoons of swimming at harewood pool with friends and family. Don't get me wrong, I welcomed the cool rain with our lack of AC. Yet, I am not sure I am ready to let go of lazy summer days. (I feel lucky enough to still have lazy summer days at 23, I realize this is not the norm, I thank my wonderful husband and the national guard for that).

Tomorrow I start working again for REACH. I am excited to see the kids (in a couple weeks) and to have a whole school year with them. It'll be fun to see how much they've changed, whether it's just a hair cut, or lack thereof, or a of couple inches in height.

We must have one last summer hoorah with our friends. Maybe next weekend we can all get together. Who is going to be in town?

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

We're here! I want one last summer hoorah, for sure! I wonder if we'll ever make it out on the boat...I definitely hope so!

Mandee said...

I am sooooo happy that summer is FINALLY almost over! Fall is my most favorite season ("makes me want to go out and buy pencils"). Summer is my least, especially when I'm pregnant. Overcast gloomy days make me happy. I really belong in the pacific NW.