10.18.2008

the good news..... and the not so good news.

This past week has been an interesting one. Tuesday afternoon my wisdom tooth that had been working it's way in started hurting... badly. It hurt enough the next day that I scheduled an urgent appointment. They gave me some pain medicine, took x-rays, disinfected the area, and gave me a syringe so I could rinse it and keep it clean... and then they said it'd be followed up on in about 2 weeks. Well, the next morning I woke up and I was in terrible, terrible pain. I called Willamette again, telling them I can't wait two weeks with this pain... I could hardly eat... I couldn't open my mouth enough to get a spoon in there. I was in such pain and was so overwhelmed I was in tears and had to have Dan talk to the people on the phone. They got me in early that afternoon... my mom had to take me because I was on so much pain medicine (that wasn't even working all that well) that I couldn't drive myself. I am glad she took me because they ended up extracting my tooth right in that appointment. I wanted so badly to not be awake for it, but they didn't have the capabilities for that in this particular office.. and it was then or a long way off. Luckily I had my ipod with me to keep my mind off of it slightly. Once they numbed me up though, I was pretty happy to not feel massive amounts of pain. Then the scalpel came... and I was not so happy. My bones were so dense, the roots were so long, and it was so inflamed that it was a stubborn guy to pull out. After about 30 minutes, that sucker was outta there. Since I was so numb, I couldn't feel the guy pulling so hard on my lip that he pretty much ripped the corner of my mouth and that is pretty painful. Today is probably the most swollen and painful day... but I am OK with it because...

My new camera came! I ordered the D90 on Thursday and it is already here! I was so shocked and happy when it was dropped off at my door this morning! I wasn't expecting it until Wednesday. Hopefully I'll get the chance to take some pictures tomorrow at least since today I am not feeling so hot. Anyway... I took a couple of pictures, in RAW of course, since that's the only way to go. I try uploading them... Bridge and ACR... AND photoshop will not open the files. WHAT??? Then I found THIS .... The D90 produces a new kind of NEF file, different even from the D3 or D300 on which the D90 is (more or less)based. So, until Adobe makes an update I won't have camera RAW capabilities and I'll have to shoot in jpeg (sick) or do tons of time wasting converting.

I will live though. And I really shouldn't complain at all... I have a D90!
HURRY UP ADOBE!

7 comments:

Ashleigh said...

wow, I totally copied your camera ad for my own ad. I know, I'm so original. First I decide to sell my camera and get a D90, just like you, and now I'm copying your ads. Pathetic, I know, but look at it as a form of flattery...and the fact that I'm lazy and don't want to try and do something WAY different with my ad ;-)I am so excited that the D90 came so quickly!!! When you're feeling better you need to post a ton of pictures from it!

Rachel said...

Ouch! I wish you didn't walk me through that! A year ago when I was at the dentist they referred me to an oral surgeon because of the long roots, and all that jazz. I still have them in and I too have the syringe and cleanser... I am just hoping they can't wait one more year until school is out and I can afford to go to the "real man." I'm sorry you had to go through that. It seems like that coincided with the no school days??? I can't wait to get our pictures back and I already have frames picked out. I am glad you like your new camera. Did you sell the other one?

Alder said...

Courtney was a total trooper...the Army has turned her into quite the tough cookie....when she needs to she pulls it out of somewhere. I think I need to make her a little metal of honor or something...where's my aluminum foil, anyway? Mom

Danielle said...

so sorry about all the pain you're in. But on the other hand, woooo-hoooooo on the new camera! Wow Court, I'm super excited for you!!! Isn't RAW the best? I still need to get together with you sometime...to have some fun with our cameras. That is, if you aren't too busy taking gorgeous pictures of everybody all the time. :)

Heather said...

I heard you had quite the experience with that! I'm sorry, and if there is anything you need whilst recovering, let me know (even though you are hopefully feeling MUCH better by now). I missed you Saturday at Georgia's dinner, but I'm sure I'll see you soon :)

Mandee said...

It was such a special treat to see you and your awesome new camera last night! You seemed a little out of it... you still remember seeing me right? :) I hope you can get off those pain meds soon!!

Anonymous said...

Court,

Go here to get an upgrade for your D90 to use RAW with Photoshop.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4036

We never heard from you after you returned from basic training - we still owe you that lunch.

Paul & Marilyn