2.02.2009

it's a baby!

I really can't believe that we know what gender our baby is... and I haven't even felt the baby move. Most of me was expecting a girl for some reason... probably because many people had been telling me (for various reasons) that they thought I was going to have a girl. And whenever I went to the fabric store, I ogled over fabric that would only be fitting for a girl... and the fact that the only name I was certain on and wanted to use so badly was a girl name. However, in the beginning I kept having dreams that the baby was a boy and twice I "slipped" and would call the baby "he" or "him" instead of "the baby" or "it" and Dan would question me... "so, it's a boy, huh?"... to which I would reply, "I have no idea why I said 'he'".

I was very anxious all weekend, and never before have I wanted a weekend to pass so quickly. I don't hate my job, but I would rather be doing other things 98% of the time... so weekends are precious, I never wished them away... until now.



and there you have it. my subconscious seemed to know it was a boy.

I did go to two fabric stores today... and realized even more that fabrics for boys are a lot more few and far between (at least ones that look nice... they have plenty of ugly boy fabrics). But, I managed to find some ADORABLE flannel for blankets and got some samples of what I might use for the crib bedding. I want to try and copy the bedding found HERE. They used to have fabric swatches on the site... but the navy is polka dotted with tiny white polka dots and the sheets are seen HERE. I found some navy fabric that works... now just the white & green and solid green... and I'd like to get some white with navy polka dots to accent in other ways too.

And names... we have a few in mind, but are still working on it ;)


15 comments:

Ksenia said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you. I cannot believe that everyone is having boys. It will be so fun for them to play together (if people don't move away, I guess). Congratulations! He looks cute!

Danielle said...

amen on the 'lots of ugly boy fabrics to choose from'! haha. i made a bunch of burp cloths awhile back and decided to give in and make them all with girl fabrics just cuz i wanted to. :) I'm the one that has to WEAR the burp cloth so maybe that's not so bad? It probably is. lol.

He sure is a handsome man in his ultrasound. Have fun with all your sewing projects. If you ever want to have a sewing/baby craft night, I'm totally game!

Danielle said...

p.s. just looked at the bedding. TOTALLY cute. I found serena and lily awhile back and now everytime I get one of their catalogs I wear the pages thin from dreaming. I'm sure the bedding will turn out beautiful!

Verenice said...

I can't believe it!! You are totally right. It seems like there are soo many little boys. But for so long there were so many girls around that this will be fun! Congratulations! I had been wondering what you were having for a long time and it is fun to finally know. I am sure for you too :)

Kimberly said...

Boys ROCK!

Ashleigh said...

awe, I was so excited to get your text! It's so exciting to finally know what you're having and to be able to make things a little more personal. I love the bedding, it's adorable. I think that when we get preggo, I want to have a boy next. Girls are so much fun and it is easier to find cute things for them, but I want to know what it's like with a boy. Congrats!!

Mandee said...

The arrow to the "junk" is a nice touch...haha. We are all so excited that you are going to have a boy!! Tommy couldn't even contain all the milk in his belly when he found out. Looks like he's got another member to his band.

5xblsd said...

Having both boys and girls, I will tell you there is a special bond with your boys that can't be described. Enjoy your little miracle.

Anonymous said...

Yay! There is a seller on Etsy who has cool boy material(Fabricworm). How fun to have boy things, I'm jelous.

jamie t. said...

Woo-hoo! That is so exciting. When I saw the post title I thought maybe you weren't able to find out. I am glad that you know that you have a little "dan" coming. Can't wait to see the fun stuff you pick up for him and names. Congrats again :)

*Lili Ballerini* said...

Oh courty! and dan! how exiting! Boys are awesome! You will have fun decorating ! I sure did I just took ideas from really expensive magazines like land of nod...and copied them for cheaper lol. SO exited!!! yay for having a boy!!!

Marissa and Blaine said...

How exciting!!! Your baby will have so many friends! Lucas, Tommy, Asher, Ethan, and Baby Young! Am I forgetting any of the new boy babies? How fun!!!

Rachel said...

I heard the news today... How exciting to know. Really, as cute as all the little girl stuff is out there, they make cute boy clothes too. And nothing is as cute as the littl boy who will be wearing it!!!

Zach said...

Let's hear it for the boy!

Marissa and Blaine said...

So, I just ordered Edwin/Jude/Arlo/Quinn/Alden's baby present. A little early, I know, but I couldn't help myself! So, Dan likes Edwin? That's cool, cause he used to hate it whenever I would mention his middle name!