5.15.2009

Happy Birthday, my love!


photo by Ksenia Everton


Yesterday was Dan's birthday. I wanted to make a post then, but never got around to it... not like I didn't have the time... I did have the day off (what a nice day to have the day off, right?). It started the night before, we took advantage of his free Red Robin birthday burger and got to see Abby, who took us to our seat (we love Abby!). We stuffed ourselves and Dan had a hearty Red Robin Happy Birthday sung to him.

The next morning, we slept in a little... 9am! WOOOO! We had our normal breakfast and Dan got to open his presents. If we were ridiculously rich, I would buy him presents and wrap them everyday because he is so cute opening presents and he is the most grateful gift receiver ever. It is one of my favorite things to do. He went off to work at the office. Later on I brought him some Chipotle for lunch (2nd choice to Moe's which is closed... sad day) and a humongous cookie. We sat and ate and talked, along with Nathan... his superior programmer, who also brought him birthday cookies. After work and teaching a guitar lesson to the miniature Janeway boy, we headed out for a glorious (yes, glorious) dinner at McCormick & Schmicks at Bridgeport village (thanks, mom for the gift certificate at Christmas). I had called in advance and so they printed us our own menus that had "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAN!!!" printed at the top! We enjoyed the most delicious dinner I have EVER had, no joke. It was like a party in my mouth... even though I was already full from bread and crab, spinach, artichoke dip. The dish was something called Mahogany Grilled Cod with green curry and mango salsa. It was to die for! I can't get over it... okay... enough of that... We then headed to the big Blaisdell house for ANOTHER dessert (on top of the on-the-house chocolate blueberry cupcake at dinner). His cute family had the house decorated and balloons up. It was a nice ending to the day.

AND today we are leaving to have a birthday weekend in Lincoln City! I love Dan's birthday!

But, I have to tell you that the most important reason I love Dan's birthday is that we get to celebrate his life. I am so grateful for him and that he was born. How did I end up with such an amazing husband? I really don't know... but I do know that we have a love like no other. He is going to be the most wonderful father, I can already tell in the way he treats me and talks about our son. I can't wait for the two of them to meet for the first time. Dan is the most unselfish, giving, thoughtful person that I know. He makes me want to always be better by his example alone.

Happy Birthday, Dan... I love you!

7 comments:

kandra said...

I miss how literally EVERYTHING tastes a thousand times better when you're pregnant!

Kimberly said...

Fun day! It sounds like you guys are having a blast together. Enjoy this time, because it will never be the same again :)

I'm glad he had such a good birthday and I'm glad that you guys are so in love! That makes me happy :)

Love you both!

The Barlows said...

That was such a sweet post!! I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner and celebrating your husband!!!

matriarch said...

What a beautiful tribute to your husband. I totally agree. Dan is one of the kindest, most thoughtful men I have ever met. You are truly blessed to be his wife. And, of course, he is blessed to be your husband. You two were meant for each other.
Love you both so much.

Adrianna said...

Cutest post ever.

Marissa and Blaine said...

What a fun day! I'm glad you guys had such a great time! I think Dan is pretty cool too! =)

Danielle said...

ahhh love! happy birthday to my friend with a similar name! haha.