2.16.2010

Sunday Singing ( UPDATED with the music)

Remember when I used to do my Sunday Singing posts? Yeah... me too. And if you do, then congrats because you are a loyal blaisdell blog reader.

Well, we didn't sing this song at church this Sunday, but it is probably my favorite songs to sing to Arlo. It is one of my many favorite primary songs.


{the song, this version is actually on a CD that we have, thanks to my wonderful friend Danielle, it's one of my favorite CDs}

My Heavenly Father Loves Me

Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by a lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heavenly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see the color of butterfly wings,
He gave me my ears that I might hear the magical sound of things,
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank Him reverently
For all His creations of which I'm apart.
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.

Words and music by Clara W. McMaster

This song is such a great reminder. A reminder of all the simple blessings that we have in our lives. Everyday, how many of us take for granted the rain, our sight, or the even just the wind.

I can rarely sing, "He gave me my life, my mind, my heart..." without getting at least a little choked up every time. I feel so grateful for my life. I really do not feel deserving of all of the good around me. I have so much, and feel like I give so little. But, I know that my Heavenly Father loves me. And I will try and remember my blessings when things look dim. One of my favorite quotes states:

Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men must have some.
charles dickens

3 comments:

The Earley's said...

That's one of my favorite primary songs too! And I love that quote from Dickens. I need to be grateful for all of the blessings in my life.

matriarch said...

Yes, that song truly causes one to reflect on all the beauty around us. We do tend to take all this for granted at times. I am so blessed and I need to listen to these simply beautiful Primary songs and other hymns more often.
Thanks for the reminder. Love you.

Melissa Stewart said...

That is such a pretty version of the song!