10.22.2007

the terrible eye


I'd like to announce to all... that I, Courtney, do in fact have pink eye. It is terrible. I hate it. I never thought that it was this uncomfortable. On top of that, my benefits for work have not gone into affect yet and so, I have no medical insurance and had to pay an arm and a leg to see a doctor who numbed my eye, stuck q-tips in it, put dye in it, and all sorts of other uncomfortable things. I really would rather be at work hanging out with preschoolers and calling parents and doing all sorts of paperwork, however... this won't happen again until Wednesday. In the mean time, I will continue to put ointment in my eye every 2-3 hours and wipe out all the discharge. Forget not rubbing it... I will for sure rub out the discharge.

Sorry if that grossed you out.

Anyway, I am still watching my cool cousins. Will was cute today. A long time ago, I think even before Dan and I were officially dating (maybe we were, that time was a gray area). Will came over to my apartment and spent the night and Dan was over in the evening and along with my sister Laura, we played Chin-Agins. Ever since, little Willy cannot stop asking when we can do it again. So I think tonight, we will break it out again. Dan will come over and we'll have a good old time. As soon as Will walked in the door from school, the very first thing he asked was if Dan was coming over to "do the chin game". They all also want him to play Jon's electric guitar. Everyone loves Dan, but no one more than me (except maybe Jesus and Heavenly Father).

7 comments:

Ksenia said...

The word "discharge" is by nature gross. Haha, just listen to it "discharge". I really hope you feel better soon. Let us know if there's anything you need. If you're bored, I'm always up for replying to emails instead of doing whatever it is I'm supposed to be doing.

Kimberly said...

Hey Courtney! I saw your blog link on Mandee's blog. Hope you don't mind I looked at it :) That sucks that you have pink eye! Not fun!!

Sean's and my blog is kimberlyandsean.blogspot.com if you want it...

Get better soon!!

Ksenia said...

Courtney, you forgot to post a picture!

Zach said...

Wow... that picture just discharged a thousand words.

Your other eye still looks very nice. I'm sure the delinquent one will whip itself into shape in no time... with the help of Mr. anti-biotic.

Seriously though. I hope you feel better soon. infections are the pits.

Ksenia said...

It's an opportunity for all of us to recognize just how great looking your eye(s) normally are! Get better soon. (Thanks for the awesome pic)

Mandee said...

Poor, Courtney!!! I hope you didn't get it from Emmy. I hope it gets better by Jaden's Birthday party.

Anonymous said...

Wow courtney that's wourse then the other day!