3.03.2008

some outside insight.



The secret to having a good marriage is to understand that marriage must be total, it must be permanent, and it must be equal.
Frank Pittman

The most important marriage skill is listening to your partner in a way that they can't possibly doubt that you love them.
Diane Sollee

Grow old along with me. The best is yet to be - the last of life for which the first was made.
Robert Browning

A good marriage is the union of two good forgivers.
Ruth Bell Graham

Common courtesy plays a big role in happy marriages. People who are permanently married are polite to one another. They don't want to hurt one another's feelings, and they don't try to make the other one feel humiliated. People who are married for life are extremely kind to one another. Arguments are a natural part of any relationship, but cruelty is not. Above all, happily married partners see each other as allies, not as adversaries.
Frank Pittman


3 comments:

Ksenia said...

I've been thinking about this A LOT lately. I can't agree more with these smart people you quoted, especially the first two. Thanks for the insights.

Ashleigh said...

These are really insightful. Chad and I argue more than we should, and sometimes I think we need to take a step back and realize why we're married and what that means to us. Thanks!

Ashleigh said...

P.S. We loved getting to see you guys! When I got home I realized we didn't take any pics and I was kicking myself. Anyway, thanks for entertaining us and letting us take up your day, it was fun.