11.27.2008

our very little baby




yes, it's true. many know already... but for the rest of you, we are expecting a baby in early july! (the due date it july 1st to be exact... but i am pretty much counting on being late. my mom was late with 3 out of the 4 of her kids... and the one that wasn't late was born on her due date. also the fact that at our appointment little baby blaisdell measured in about 3 days younger than my cycle predicted... but they kept the same due date)... I am about 9 weeks right now.

it's already been a slightly rough road... and the reason that many people already know... i have been extremely sick. it's pretty hard to keep a secret when you are getting sick at work and other public places. i have had a large handful of really good days though. and i have never gone through so much peanut butter, jelly, strawberries, bananas, and real ginger ale in my life. i am hoping and praying that i have the typical... second trimester relief.

we are so happy and excited to have the opportunity to bring life into this world. it's such a huge responsibility and a great miracle. we both feel very blessed and grateful that everything is going as it should and is very healthy up to this point.

here are some pictures Dan insisted on taking. our first appointment, through Dan's eyes:


nervous, excited... waiting for the doctor
Photobucket

anxiously waiting...
Photobucket

dan: "wait... can you hold that up for a picture???"
dr. iverson: (laughing) "sure!"
Photobucket

can you find the fetus?
Photobucket

they told us they were going to print out some pictures, but it "didn't work" (i think the nurse messed up)... and this is the only shot Dan took of the ultra sound... when the picture wasn't that great... but I don't blame him... because when the picture was good and we could see the baby fairly well we were enthralled and in awe. our little baby even decided to wave his little flipper arm at us!!! it was amazing... the doctor even seemed pretty excited about it. it was very reassuring to know that there really is a baby inside me... there really is a baby behind the sickness and massive amounts of bloating.

we love you, little baby blaisdell!!!

19 comments:

kandra said...

OH yay!!! I'm so excited for you! Congrats times a million :)

Ashleigh said...

I'm so glad you're telling people now! We can ALL be excited now and get all anxious when you go in for your appointments. Yay, I'm seriously so psyched for you guys. Congrats!

Claire said...

Congratulations!! So exciting! I love that Dan took pictures at your appointment. That's so cute!

The Barlows said...

Congratulation missy!! You'll be a wonderful Mama! Miss you! Love you tons!

Mariela said...

Hey! Congrats! That's awesome!

You guys will be rockin' parents, and July 1st is a rockin' birthday (it happens to be mine, and is also Canada Day ;] )

Congrats again!

Danielle said...

Wooo-hoooo!!!! You DID tell on Thanksgiving. I didn't see anything for awhile so was wondering. lol. Again, so excited for you! That is going to be one good lookin baby! :)

p.s. just so you know, if its a girl, ethan is already standing in line to go on a date. And if its a boy, well, he's getting the spit wads ready!

Marissa and Blaine said...

Yay! Congrats Dan and Courtney! How exciting! It was such a great idea to bring your camera! Especially, since they weren't able to print a picture! The machine "wasn't working" when they tried to print Mylee's first picture either! We took a picture on Blaine's phone, which of course, wasn't very good. So... Good call on the camera!

Kristy said...

Congratulations! Motherhood rocks. What a beautiful blog you have.

Ksenia said...

Yay! Glad it's finally posted and that your first appointment went well. What a crazy experience this whole pregnancy thing is.

Blondee and Lane said...

Courtney and Dan,
I truly am so excited for you both. These are some of the most wonderful times of your life. Enjoy them as much as you can. Thanks for comming over last night. You both are the best. Love ya, Cindy

Verenice said...

Congratulations! Matthew spoiled the news the other day when Greg told him, but I was waiting for the official announcement so that I could know how far along you are. You know how guys are with the specifics. It will be neat to see what you will be having. Wonder if this "new round" might be girls. We will have to wait and see...

Rachel said...

Oh, I am so excited for you guys! I had no idea... Now I feel silly b/c I know you've been totally sick bit I thought it was cold-like, not prenatal. I can't wait to talk to you in person. BTW, nice picture of the ultrasound equipment! I was terrified the first time I went in at 9 weeks and saw that. Yeah, I'm ultra, super, modest to the point of phobic. I guess now you really can take pictures of "your own kids."

jamie t. said...

Congrats! I am sorry that you've been sick. It should get better. I love the pictures that Dan took at the doctor. I agree that it is such a relief to finally see the little baby inside you. It makes it really real! You two are going to be great parents!

Anonymous said...

Courtney, I'm in love with these pictures. I feel like I was there with you! Congratulations on the baby! It seems like the first few months and the last few are hard but the part in the middle is magical!
-p.s. I even told my sister in Indiana to check out your photo's because they are done so well.

Hailey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Drew called me this morning just to tell me to look at your blog because you announced a fun surprise. We are both so excited for you. We LOVE being parents and can't believe the joy it brings us. We really can't believe how fast they grow and develope. Enjoy being pregnant! I hope too that the second trimester brings some relief from the morning sickness. Congrats again!

Adrianna said...

Okay. I've had three babies and I've never seen that thing! What is that the doctor is holding?! Please tell me it is not for anything internal!

Oh, Congratulations, BTW. Sorry about being sick- no fun!

Matt 'n Erin said...

Yay for babies! Congrats! Hope you start to feel better soon! The second trimester is great!

Kim said...

I'm so out of the loop! I can't believe Heather didn't tell me! CONGRATS! You two will make GREAT parents :)

Mandee said...

Guess who did Tommy's circumcision? Yep, Dr. Iverson! I showed her your blog and she thought the picture Dan took of her was hilarious.