12.20.2008

the cake and the evening

our anniversary fell in the middle of not so good weather. however, we made it out to macaroni grill since it was so close and had a wonderful meal! it was soooo good. then we walked around some of the stores in the mall... and spent a long time in Macy's since it was warm and we didn't want to go back outside and walk to our car. we sat in the massage chairs while our food digested and we talked. we looked at more things than i knew macy's carried. i'd never really spent any time in that store. but, it was fun to just walk around, browse, and talk. it wasn't busy at all since not many people were out braving the weather.

a couple of days later the weather let up enough for me to drive downtown to get our anniversary cake. and boy it was good.

Photobucket

Photobucket

what an idea to give an anniversary cake so you don't have to freeze your cake and eat year old cake! definitely a good idea.

and we found santa at macy's
Photobucket

4 comments:

matriarch said...

YUMMM!! That cake looks delicious!!!!!
Makes me want to make a trip to Papa Haydn. Their desserts are out of this world!! Of course, all calorie free (I wish).
Love you, Grandma Sharon

Ashleigh said...

wow, I can honestly say I've never seen a black Santa. Pretty sweet my friend!

Danielle said...

hahaha! it looks like elliot dressed up as santa. maybe he'll sing me jingle bells...

Kimberly said...

Wow, that looks D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S. I think it's a brilliant idea!