12.16.2008

our first baby pictures


i had an ultrasound today to assess the risk of down's syndrome and trisomy 18/13. i guess my blood results made them want to do an ultrasound assessment and the risk dropped SIGNIFICANTLY (1:6760 from 1:987).

our ultrasound technician was great. as you can see in the first picture (our scanner is no good) our little baby (that is 2 inches big now!) is waving at us! the technician took a couple still shots of the wave and played them back in a loop so it looked like the baby was really waving (very quickly... hahaha). it was really fun and so neat to see how much he/she has grown since the first ultrasound at 9 weeks. my mom got to come with me because Dan had to go to Uri's house to work, so that was really fun.




i am so overjoyed to be having a little baby and it's seeming more and more real. it's such a miracle that this little being is growing inside of me. i love it and i already love our baby so much.

12 comments:

Valerie said...

And what a fitting Anniversary gift for you to be able to see your baby! This little baby will be very loved...by lots of people.

Danielle said...

ohhh...YAY!!! your technician sounds funny. I remember when I checked into the hospital (right after my water broke with Ethan) and I had the funniest nurse! I wasn't stressed out or anything cuz she was cracking me up left and right. Great hospital staff really do make all the difference! Glad you got a fun one...

p.s. that's one good lookin baby! ;)

Kimberly said...

Congrats Mamma! How exciting!

matriarch said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! HAPPY BABY!!
We're so thrilled for you and Dan.
Hope your morning sickness comes to a screeching halt soon.
It's so fun to see the ultrasound pictures!! Thanks for sharing.
Love 'ya, Grandma Sharon

jamie t. said...

That is so exciting. It always makes things so real when you can see the baby moving and growing! Thanks for sharing

Rachel said...

Oh, I bet "Grandma" loved that as much as you did! We are so excited to meet and see this little baby!

Hailey said...

I love the wave! Ultrasounds were always so fun. It just helps you know there really is a baby in there and that everything is ok. I always got nervous waiting for the next ultrasound or dr. appointment where I could hear her heart beat again. Once I saw her or heard the heart beat I was good for another few weeks. Hearing the heart beat was always so amazing, such a miracle to be able to grow this little human inside of you. We are so excited for you guys and hope to get to see you during christmas. Congrats on the anniversary as well.

Lex-a-roo said...

Woo,HOO,
How exciting!

Marissa and Blaine said...

How exciting!!!

Mandee said...

Awwww, he looks just like Dan ;)

I am so excited for you guys. What a lucky little peanut to have you guys for parents!!

Marissa and Blaine said...

Hey Courtney-

Can you please send us your address? We want to send you and Dan a Christmas card.

Marissaandblaine@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Annette said...

Congratulations! Babies are so wonderful!