1.08.2009

pregnancy update and more


Things are going well and healthy. I had a checkup yesterday and after a brief scare (I think I was the only scared one... the doctor seemed as calm as an untouched lake) of not being able to find the heart beat. They brought in an ultrasound and found my hiding baby swimming around and laughing at mommy for overreacting (wouldn't you though?).

My placenta is anterior apparently... which was part of the problem, but totally fine. I guess due to this I probably won't feel the baby move until much later (say 22-24 weeks).

Also, I started my prenatal yoga class today. It was GREAT. I want to have class everyday! I can already see how the class will be beneficial throughout this process my body is going through. It was the first class of the term so there was lots of explaining, introducing, and learning. However, many of the poses we learned were very strengthening, induced nice gently stretching... and were relaxing. Our last pose... I want to sleep in at night. I can't remember the last time I felt that relaxed, ever. Many of the movements felt great on my back... which will be awesome since I've struggled with that and am worried about it.

So, all you pregnant people, you should join me.

11 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad that things are fine! And I commend you on your prenatal yoga efforts. I was thinking about doing a yoga class that they offer at my gym.

Also, have you ever thought about pregnancy massage? Brian was telling me that it is really beneficial... you probably know way more about it than I do :)

The Barlows said...

It was good to see you missy! You would never ever know you were pregnant, you look amazing! I am so excited that you are doing pre-natal yoga, I love yoga and I totally want to do it when I get pregnant. I am so glad that you are doing well and you and Baby are healthy.

Verenice said...

So where is this class of yours?

Anonymous said...

I like yoga...maybe I should take that class with you. I could just tell everyone I'm not showing all that much... :)

kandra said...

I had a prenatal yoga DVD and I loved it! I still did it even afterwards...until I recently just bought a normal yoga DVD. Good for you!

Courtney B said...

Verenice,

The class is at Yoga Hillsboro downtown off Lincoln by the Courthouse. Class is from 4-5:15 on Thursdays and is $7 (even for drop ins).

More info: yogahillsboro.com

Alder said...

The last pose was probably the one called "Shavasanah" or "Corpse Pose"...does that ring a bell? Laying on your back hand at sides, palms up? I look forward to it the entire class.

Courtney B said...

it's not exactly like that (after looking it up) because being pregnant you aren't supposed to lay on your back (past a certain point). so it looks like this:

http://www.downdoggieyogastudio.com/images/prenatal5.jpg

Hailey said...

I LOVED prenatal yoga!!!! It felt so good. I had back problems from the get-go too so it was really helpful with that. It feels so good to stretch with your body going through such different changes. I always liked the end of my yoga class when my instructor would have us lay on our sides in the dark for like 5 minutes. Then she would say, "lets pay tribute to the 250,000 women giving birth today" and she would ring a chime. We would all sit up and say "Namaste". haha It was a little silly, but still so relaxing. Enjoy!

sharla_bee said...

I really wish I had gotten into that with Lucas. I definitely will with the next one!

Chelsea said...

Wow this sounds sooo cool! I really want to take one when I'm pregnant some day!