3.11.2009

planning for baby

Before we know it, we'll have our little guy around here. It is so crazy to think about the fact that it's already March... and March 11th at that! It feels like it was still 2008 and July was so far away. Now, we have only 16 weeks left. At this rate, it will fly by.

We've been talking a lot about all the things we need and want to do. And I have been day dreaming of all the things I want to make and do to get ready for the baby. The fun things:


the colors of the nursery
the type of crib (something like this, but as long as it's white and reasonably priced,we'll take it)
and adorable little outfits:


I have already made a blanket, which I love. I'll post a picture up here someday. The blanket is at Kim's house... since I used her sewing machine to make it (because Hillsboro Vac N Sew is HORRID... don't ever go there... that is an entirely different story).

Other things on the to do list:
  • get more food storage and a better emergency supply
  • stock up on all those supplies you find yourself having to run out and get randomly
  • sign up for a birthing class
  • somehow free up one of our closets for the baby... i currently have one closet strictly full of military gear/uniforms... it's unbelievable how much random crap the military gives you.
  • in may: plan out a few weeks worth of meals to freeze
  • in june: make the meals and freeze them

5 comments:

Lex-a-roo said...

wow. I'm so impressed about how well you are planning for the future.

jamie t. said...

That is so smart to be so well planned out. You'll be glad you did once he arrives. I love all the stuff you've picked out!

Kimberly said...

Yeah, I still haven't finished sewing up that blanket. I promise I'll do it! Did you get my email about once a month cooking? Call me tomorrow!

Ashleigh said...

whew! You will be way more prepared than I was. I had all the cute stuff ready(the bedding, clothes all washed and folded, nursery decor), but as far as anything else, I felt like I'd just wing it. It all works out in the end. Thank goodness Jayden was such an easy delivery and a good baby! I'm so excited for you to be a mommy!!!

Mandee said...

That little boy is SO CUTE!!

I bet you and Dan are going to have a boy that looks a lot like him.