3.04.2009

23 weeks

We finally got around to taking another picture of the growing belly.

Photobucket

I love feeling him move and roll around (although I am sure it will get more uncomfortable as he grows even larger). I can no longer fit into any of my pre-pregnancy pants... although I still wear two pairs of them with my amazing bella band. We'll see how long that will last at the rate my stomach is distending.

I am already so in love with this boy. Most of me can't wait to hold him and see him... but I do want to wait. I want to cherish this time before he gets here... while he grows inside my belly. Dan and I constantly talk about him, dream about him, and wait for him to move again... and Dan likes to repeat the same phrase to him... again and again ;) What a wonderful phase in our lives.

Things I want to remember when I'm a mommy:
  • don't wish away the present time. cherish the long and hard days. don't wish that he will just "grow up". he will grow up fast enough without the wishing.
  • talk to him as i would any other person or child. not down to him. treat him like he deserves to be treated, he will understand more than i think he is capable of.
  • listen to him just as much as i talk to him.
  • make memories. the memorable memories: i.e. family time, making forts in the living room, that night he camped outside in the backyard with dad... etc.
  • make reading fun. (still not sure exactly how yet. it seems some kids just like it more than others).
  • always give more positives and praise than negatives.
  • hug him. everyday.
.......................... more to come............................

We are narrowing down on names. We are pretty much down to two. However, I am growing more fond of one particular name. And... it keeps popping up places all the time, when I had never thought of it before.


{photo courtesy of What a Lovely Name}

But who knows what the next 17 weeks will bring to mind.

9 comments:

Danielle said...

how CUTE do you look?!?!

I love the baby belly court! Hope you and Dan are doing well... :)

xoxo!

Rachel said...

Wow, you look so different than all the other times I've seen you, even a week or so ago!

It is so fun to see the joy first time parents have- and hopefully subsequent (although the fire doesn't always blaze the same). I love being a mother and it is the most amazing gift. I also try to treasure every day and I'm grateful to have children to love and teach.

I know a lot of people who haven't had the chance to be parents and they're strength is amazing to me. Without my children, I don't know who I would be. Many people in the real world might say that I'm pathetic, and that I need and identity of my own, but I'm perfectly content being Masiey's and Ryley's mom- oh, and Chad's wife!

I can't wait to meet your sweet little boy! You guys will be great parents!

The Barlows said...

You so look so cute!!!! I love the name you have picked out!!!

Brady and Brittney said...

I really wanted to cherish the pregnancy too and not try to rush to actually having a baby. I never thought I would get to the point where I want her to come out, where I'm ready to move on and have her but I am.... I can't wait to hold her and see what she looks like! Cherish the moment cause you'll WANT him out soon! Sadly at the same time I'm hoping in the next few weeks the'll figure out another way to get a baby out, I don't want to push her out!! Ack, that's scary and hard! C-section isn't an option either, I just want to wish her out or something.

Kimberly said...

You're so freakin adorable it makes me sick...or just glad that we're friends...since I'm so worldy and all ;)

Rob and Marseille said...

kids love it when you do voices when you read to them. And don't worry if they don't sit long in the beginning. It used to be hard for Christopher to wait for me to turn the page (he wanted to see the next picture), so we had to choose books that didn't have very many words per page. Now he'll let me read to him for an hour!!! And they love repitition. They'll want you to read the same books over and over until you have it memorized...handy in the car. They hold the book, you tell it to them w/o looking (I get carsick).

Marissa and Blaine said...

You look wonderful! Isn't it nice to not be in that in between stage and to actually look pregnant?! I loved it when I hit that point! I love what you wrote about what you want to remember. I feel the same way. It's so important to cherish every moment because, before you know it, that baby is going to be all grown up. Well, actually, I tell Mylee that she can't grow up and that she needs to be my baby forever... So we'll see what happens with that. I bet you could have the same conversation with Arlo if you want.. It's worth a shot.

Alder said...

I gotta come rub that belly this weekend! Mom

Mandee said...

You are so adorable! Especially in the first picture.