6.22.2009

Oh, Baby, the Places You'll Go


Baby, oh, baby,
the places you'll go!

The worlds you will visit!

The friends you will know!


The horn-tooting apes
from the Jungles of Jorn
will hoot a big toot
on the day you are born.

While a bird flying high
from far off in Katroo
will sing on the wing,
"Happy Birthday to you!"

.....
You'll find that this world's
a great place to begin,
but it could use some help--

which is where you come in.

So now, as my voice
burple-urps in your ear-
with a bump-thumpy sound
that is not very clear-
the words I am saying
you hear in your heart,
and know that I wish you
the very best start.

It's a scrumptulous world
and its ready to greet you.
And as for myself...

well..
.
I can't wait to meet you!

Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss) "was most intrigued by research into the development of babies while in their mother's womb. The fact that they could hear sounds - and might actually respond to the voices of their parents - was both exciting and mystifying to him." Him and his wife "came across an article about some researchers who had asked prospective mothers and fathers to read aloud to their babies in utero. The researchers found increased uterine activity during the reading- and a gradual settling down afterward. This response to the book continued after delivery. The baby apparently recalled having heard the story before--- in utero!"
Audrey Geisel


The day of Arlo's arrival is almost here!

6 comments:

Brady and Brittney said...

what a sweet story! I really like the part: 'the words I am saying
you hear in your heart,
and know that I wish you
the very best start.' I so happy for you!

matriarch said...

Love this story!! Arlo is going to be so loved!! Can't wait to meet him. Love you!!

Kimberly said...

Ahhh! I loved this post! I totally want that book. I can't wait to meet the little blaisdell!

Danielle said...

woo-hooo! do you have everything ready? and how about some pics of your nursery with all the CUTE bedding??? :)

The Hadley Family said...

Yea!!!! We are so excited for you and Dan. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. You are in my prayers.

Marissa and Blaine said...

Wow! I can't believe you're due in only 6 days! How exciting!!! I'm so happy for you guys!