3.08.2008

dog update

So... as you saw from a previous post, we were planning on getting an adorable little yorkie, but complications have arose.

Today Dan and I went to the Bonnie Hays pet shelter. We met an ADORABLE 9 month of Cairn Terrier Mix that we "reserved" and should be getting on Tuesday! If you look up pictures of Cairn Terriors, that is really not what she looks like exactly... so I didn't even bother posting a picture of one that doesn't look like her.
She is energetic when you play with her, but she calms down so fast when she gets on your lap and you hold her and she loves being held. She is great.

It's a better choice, I feel like, because we are saving an animal from a shelter. Plus, she is a bit older (we won't have as long to deal with the puppy phase), she is less expensive and will come already fixed, licensed and micro-chipped and we get our first vet visit FREE.

I didn't bring my camera to the shelter with me... just my phone, so I have some crappy pictures from that... I may try to post those eventually.

This is probably the plan! Cross your fingers :)

4 comments:

munga said...

GREAT decision. Our "Gus' was a Cairn Terrier mix. He was such a good dog. I can't wait to see her.

I returned home from Andrea's yesterday. Garrett's surgery went well, thank goodness. Andrea has been so stressed about it. She worried about his going under the anesthesia.

He's such a sweet boy. I miss him already.

Heather said...

So I must come and see your puppy when you get her!

Also, thanks for the birthday wishes! :)

Heather said...

So I must come and see your puppy when you get her!

Also, thanks for the birthday wishes! :)

Courtney B said...

We will give you a call when she gets settled in... i would have a welcome party for her, like a dog shower... HAHAHA... except that'd be too much for her.