11.30.2009

Whittle my Middle: Part I

I (along with several others) are doing this neat little thing called Whittle my Middle.
Seeing as I had a baby just 5 months ago (today to the exact day) I figured this would be a good way to get my tush (and tummy) back into shape... and pass my Army PT test.

Check out the site for more info. I am doing the core work (ab) routine they suggest on the site as well as walking/running/elliptical (cardio) and push ups. Gotta love push ups.

STATS:
Weight: 130
Waist (smallest part): 29 inches
Waist (largest part): 34 inches
Hips/Butt: 36 inches
Pant size: 4/6 (depending on brand)

PICTURES:
(I still have my pregnancy line... I don't know why I am standing crooked)

ROUTINE:
CORE WORK: 6-10 minute core workout, 5 days a week, doing the following exercises:
  • Plank
  • Side plank
  • Plank with elbows on stability ball
  • Stability Ball Jackknifes
  • Stability ball roll out
  • Plank Rotations
CARDIO: at least a mile (or more) 5 times a week

ARMS: 5 minutes of boot camp exercises that they used to "torture" us with :) 3-4 times a week (every other day)

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Woot, woot! I'm so glad you're jumping on the band wagon. I have to buy a new stability ball tomorrow because I lost the pin to blow mine up, so I didn't get to do everything that I wanted to. I am thinking of buying Jillian Michael's The SHRED so I can do something hard core on top of all these exercises.
You seriously look awesome. I wish I looked like that 5 months after having my kids. Oh, and what it would be like to have no stretch marks! You're a lucky girl! Well, keep up the awesome work. We'll all be grateful we did it in the end.
Once more thing. Are you okay with me putting your stats on my blog. I'm trying to get everyone who's doing this to give me their stats so we can see where eachother are all on one blog, and how far we've come. Let me know!

Rob and Marseille said...

I still have my line too...and I forgot it's been 5 months! Our boys are only 2 days apart. I've gotten so used to saying 4 or 4 & half, that I didn't realize...6 is going to come so fast because of Christmas. I need to do ab workouts to get rid of my skin!

Marissa and Blaine said...

You look awesome, but good luck!

Danielle said...

haha....your starting picture will be my ending picture goal. :)